Vegetarian Meal Prep: Healthy Vegetarian Meal Prep for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks
Vegetarian Meal Prep: Week 1
Here’s a great breakfast for anyone prepping on a budget, or looking for a quick, easy, and healthy energy boosting breakfast that only takes a few minutes to cook up in the morning.
You can prep by adding all the ingredients (except the toppings & honey) in a microwave-safe bowl, and have them ready to pop into the microwave and ready to eat within minutes.
Ingredients: Serves 1
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (uncooked) – Instant or Quick Oats
1 Tbsp Cacao Powder (or dark chocolate powder)
1 Cup Almond Milk – Or any unsweetened, plant-based milk
2 Tsp Agave Honey (or any honey if you can’t find, or don’t want to pay the extra for Agave Honey)
1 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
1/4 Cup Blueberries (Substitute for your favorite fruit)
Add all ingredients (Except honey & toppings) to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for about 1 minute.
Enjoy with 1/2 a banana or your favorite fruit.
Baked Penne Pasta w/ Roasted Veggies
Ingredients: 5 Servings
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 8 oz gluten-free pasta (Whole Wheat Penne)
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Cans Chopped Tomatoes (Fire Roasted and/or no salt added)
- 1 Cup Basil (Fresh, For Garnish)
- 5 oz Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- Made w/ Skim Milk/Low Fat
- Set Oven to broil at 500F
- Line Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Toss cut veggies in a bowl with olive oil and seasoning
- Roast for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are seared and veggies are softened.
- Let Oven Cool to 400F
- Set a deep skillet on medium high heat, add water along with a pinch of sea salt and bring to a boil.
- Add Pasta and cover to cook for 5 Minutes. After about 5 minutes, remove the top and let about 75% of the water evaporate. Leave the rest of the water to prevent the pasta from burning.
- Reduce heat to medium, add canned tomatoes, basil, and roasted veggies. Gently stir and fold together.
- Add mozzarella to the skill, cover, and bake for 20 minutes.
- With about 5 minutes left, remove the top and let the cheese brown a bit.
- Garnish with basil and enjoy!
Kale Salad with Peanut Dressing
Ingredients: 5 Servings
- 4 Cups Kale – Chopped
- 1 1/4 Cups Purple Cabbage – Shredded
- 1 1/4 Cup Bell Peppers – Copped
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 3 3/4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Milk (low fat)
- 1 1/4 Tbsp Water
- 1 1/4 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/4 Agave Honey (or honey)
- 1 1/4 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- Lime (to taste)
- Red Pepper Flakes (for garnish or to add extra spice)
- Chop the kale and red pepper. Grate or thinly chop the cabbage & carrot.
- In a large bowl, toss the ingredients together for salad.
- In a small bow, mix together the ingredients for the dressing. Season to taste with Sriracha, water, vinegar, and lime.
- Separate the dressing into small containers, portion-out the salad and drizzle the dressing over when ready to eat!