Healthy Vegan Meal Prep Makes meals more affordable, and easier for the whole family!
Here’s a great breakfast for anyone prepping on a budget, or looking for a quick, easy, and healthy energy boosting breakfast that only takes a few minutes to cook up in the morning.
You can prep by adding all the ingredients (except the toppings & honey) in a microwave-safe bowl, and have them ready to pop into the microwave and ready to eat within minutes.
Ingredients: Serves 1
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (uncooked) – Instant or Quick Oats
1 Tbsp Cacao Powder (or dark chocolate powder)
1 Cup Almond Milk – Or any unsweetened, plant-based milk
2 Tsp Agave Honey (or any honey if you can’t find, or don’t want to pay the extra for Agave Honey)
1 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
1/4 Cup Blueberries (Substitute for your favorite fruit)
Add all ingredients (Except honey & toppings) to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for about 1 minute.
Enjoy with 1/2 a banana or your favorite fruit.
Vegan Chili (In Bell Pepper Bowl)
- 1 1/4 Cup Freekeh or Quinoa (cooked)
- 3 3/4 Bell Peppers
- 9 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/4 Vine Tomato
- 1 1/4 Cup vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 9 oz red Kidney Beans
- 9 oz Black Beans (low sodium)
- 1 cup steamed corn
- 3/4 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander (Replace the coriander called for in your recipe with an equal amount of fresh parsley, tarragon, dill or a combination of the three)
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat Oven to 400F
- Cook freekeh/quinoa using vegetable broth and water. Set Aside
- Cut the tops off the bell pepper and remove insides. Place them open-side down on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Saute red onions and garlic in a non-stick skillet with coconut oil
- Add the tomato sauce, freekeh/quinoa, cumin, bell pepper and tomato. Mix well.
- Add black beans, kidney beans, steamed corn, and one cup of vegetable broth. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Stuff the baked bell peppers with the chili, bake for an additional 8 minutes.
Kale Salad with Peanut Dressing
Ingredients: 5 Servings
- 4 Cups Kale – Chopped
- 1 1/4 Cups Purple Cabbage – Shredded
- 1 1/4 Cup Bell Peppers – Copped
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 3 3/4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Milk (low fat)
- 1 1/4 Tbsp Water
- 1 1/4 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 1/4 Agave Honey (or honey)
- 1 1/4 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- Lime (to taste)
- Red Pepper Flakes (for garnish or to add extra spice)
- Chop the kale and red pepper. Grate or thinly chop the cabbage & carrot.
- In a large bowl, toss the ingredients together for salad.
- In a small bow, mix together the ingredients for the dressing. Season to taste with Sriracha, water, vinegar, and lime.
- Separate the dressing into small containers, portion-out the salad and drizzle the dressing over when ready to eat!