Mediterranean Meal Prep
Smashed Tomato & Avocado Toast
- 2-3 Cherry tomatoes (on the vine, per slice of toast)
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- Sea Salt (to taste
- Pepper (to taste
- ½ Avocado
- 1 Egg
- 1 Slice Whole Grain Bread.
- Set Oven to 350F
- Halve The Cherry Tomatoes and toss in olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- While the cherry tomatoes bake, bring a pot of water to a light boil, add the eggs, and cook for 8 minutes for soft boiled eggs. Remove and drop into iced water to stop them from cooking further, and to make it easier to peel.
- Toast the whole grain bread, top with avocado, roast tomatoes, soft boiled egg (halved) a pinch of salt & pepper.
For Meal Prep: Warm tomatoes and toast the bread just before assembling. You can store the soft boiled eggs in the fridge and microwave just before serving if you don’t have time to cook them fresh in the morning.
Chicken, Roast Garlic & Bell Pepper Pita
Ingredients: 4 servings
Roast Pepper Sauce
- 4 Cups Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 Cups Eggplants (diced)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (quartered)
- 12 Cloves Garlic (whole, unpeeled)
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- ⅔ Cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Lemon (Juice only)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1lb lean Chicken Tenders (raw)
- 2 TSP Olive Oil
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita Breads
- 6 TBSP Greek Yogurt
- 4 Cups Mixed Greens
- Pre-heat Oven to 400F
- Place the bell pepper, egg plant, tomatoe, and whole garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Drizzle with half the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes until the bell pepper is blistered and lightly charred.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare the chicken. Heat a skillet to high heat. Toss the chicken in a little olive oil and seasoning.
- Sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes, turn and repeat until browned and cooked through.
- Remove the baking sheet with the vegetables from the oven. Allow to cool before handling. Squeeze the garlic cloves from the skin and transfer to a chopping board with the remaining veggies. Chop & mash together. If cooking a large batch, you can also mix in a food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl and add chopped parsley, lemon juice, and the remaining olive oil. Stir, taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- To assemble, warm the pita bread. Top with a portion of the roast pepper sauce, mixed greens, and grilled chicken. Drizzle on the greek yogurt, and enjoy!
- If meal prepping: portion the chicken, yogurt, mixed greens, and roast pepper sauce into different meal prep containers. Wrap the pita separately, and assemble just before eating.
Spanish Chickpea & Spinach Stew
Ingredients: 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb onions
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1Tsp Ground Cumin
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 7 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 ½ cans chickpeas (drained)
- 1 lb red potatoes
- ½ lemon (use peeler to take off two large pieces of zest)
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 4 cups spinach (raw)
- Fresh Parsley
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 4 Tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Almonds
- Place a large, deep pot on medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Allow about 10 minutes for the onion and garlic to become soft and translucent. If they start to over cook or turn colors, reduce the heat.
- Add Smoked Paprika and Cumin. Stir. Add tomato paste and allow to cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, chickpeas, potato, bay leaf, and lemon zest. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Finally, Add the spinach, Stir to wilt, then remove from heat. Find and remove the large pieces of lemon zest.
- Serve and garnish with lemon zest, olive oil, flaked almonds, and fresh parsley.
Roast Almond & Honey Bars
Ingredients: 8 Servings
- ¾ cup rolled oats (uncooked, quick oats)
- ½ cup almonds (toasted)
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- ½ cup peanut butter (or your choice of nut/seed butter)
- ¼ Cup raw honey
Start by roasting the almonds: place almonds in a dry pan on medium heat. Toss/shake every few seconds until the almonds smell toasted and are beginning to turn golden.
Allow to cool then chop into smaller pieces.
- In a separate bowl mix the peanut butter and honey. If it’s too hard to mix, put in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften.
- Add the dry ingredients to the honey-peanut butter mix and stir until there are no dry oats remaining.
- Line a loaf tin with baking parchment paper (8×2 inches in size), or spray the tin with olive oil. Transfer the mix into the tin and press down using the back of a spoon to compact the mixture. Place in the fridge for an hour, or overnight, slice into portions and store in an airtight container. Bars will keep for 5-6 in room temperature, or frozen if you want to make a bigger batch.